Saturday, August 30, 2014

The day I put Journey in a wedding dress on the beach

Our last day at Warren Dunes was spent at the beach. I have been wanting to do a quick shoot of Journey in my wedding dress ever since I saw the shots a friend posted of her daughter. It's a cute concept, however Journey has refused the few times I have asked her to do it. Now I saw my chance, "Hey, want to dress up in Mommy's princess dress for Grandma and Grandpa?" My excitement transferred to her and she agreed.

The beach was pretty busy that day but that didn't stop me from pulling out the dress and getting some shots while people watched. Despite it being bright and her squinting, I captured some great shots that I will treasure and will give to her when she is planning her own wedding someday. 












I also managed to catch come great shots of Asher playing in the sand. 






Afterwards Grandpa and Grandma swam in the brisk water of Lake Michigan while Asher and Journey ran in their undies thru the sand and waves. Good thing they're only 3!



Before heading out we decided to fly our kite for the first time. The kids had fun holding the string. 



Journey kept swinging her arm forward and back to watch the kite rise and fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment