Friday, August 22, 2014

Fishing at Grandpa's

There have been many opportunities for the kids to fish, but we have been waiting for a special person to show Asher and Journey how to fish, Grandpa, and he just happens to have a stocked pond right next to his house!

Asher has been watching other people fish for years and finally it was his turn to try it. He was excited and in no time was breaking the worm apart for me to bait his hook.

Grandpa and Uncle J teaching them how to fish!







Cousin Avery caught a big bass!


Four Generations of Biddlestones. 
When Jason and I were kids, we used to go on a week-long 
family fishing trip with Grandpa. Those are great memories!


His third time out, he caught four fish all by himself! I merely cast the line and removed the fish from the hook. I was so impressed and honestly shocked that he didn't lose the pole in the water when the fish started running on the first one, but after that I knew he could be trusted to do it himself. So proud. He even broke the worm and handed it to me so that I could bait his hook. 

While Asher has quickly learned how to hook and reel in a fish, Journey would prefer the old fashioned stick with a string attached, as she flat out refuses to use the reel and insists on jerking the fish out of the water. Of course that only works if you're fishing a few feet in front of you, so that's what she does now. Hey, whatever makes her happy.

 One time it rained really hard and we caught our own worms to fish with.



 One time we invited Mom, Grammy and Pop-Pop to fish with us.  Somehow by the end, 
only Mom and Grammy were fishing. We had a good laugh about that.





Another time of fishing with the cousins.



After awhile I realized my kids were no longer fishing, but modeling for Lucy. I was 
impressed with how well she directed them. This is one of her actual shots.


...and then the girls took turns playing photographer and model....


 

...and then took selfies! (These are the actual photos.)



1 comment:

  1. all of them are one up on me--went fishing but have never cought anything.Adorable pictures

    ReplyDelete