Friday, August 15, 2014

Family {and friends} Reunion

One of my favorite parts of coming "home" to Ohio is when my dad invites everyone over for a reunion. This time it was even more exciting because it's been a year and a half since we've been back and the party was held in my dad's new gym, which is *almost* complete, but already perfect for a large gathering that includes our bounce house, and some basketball after a big dinner.



It's always special to see my aunt, uncle and cousins, and it was an extra treat to see a few friends stop by that I haven't seen in years. I finally got to meet this little one, Presley, the daughter of my friends Shawn and Heather. She is a very precious little girl and I just had to get a picture of our three blessings together! We have thought that our girls look similar, so it's neat to see them together.





One other major highlight is seeing my grandparents surrounded by their kids, grandkids and great grandkids! These are special pictures that will be treasured by all of us, particularly since my grandpa was diagnosed with Alzheimers only a week later.



The first time the cousins met, we took this picture of them. Asher and Journey are about 6 months old here. Notice everyone is holding a baby, either real or play.


We recreated it when they were all together again at 15 months old.


And now at 3 and a half years old...


Think they'll still let us do this when they're teenagers??? I hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment