Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Back to Tokyo: The Cat Cafe

We woke in Matsumoto where a couple inches of snow fell overnight and walked to the train station while snow was still falling. Since it was still raining in Tokyo, we stopped by a cat cafe to love on some kitties before going back to our hotel.



I know what you're thinking- What is a cat cafe??  I thought it would be a cafe with cats; I was wrong. Well this one is basically just a room full of cats, I counted 20, that live here together and for a fee, you can come in and interact with them. It may sound silly, but it's a great option for people who love cats but can't have one at home. My kids love cats, but have rarely been able to pet one, so they enjoyed it. And the place was BUSY! I don't know what her expenses are, but she seems to be bringing in some good money. 

Looks pretty homey. There are cats sleeping all over the place. On the table, under the table, in the cat bed, sometimes two are cuddled up in the cat bed together and then a couple more on the bookshelf!




Some want to be held, others don't, but they never tried to scratch us. 


It wasn't until after we were back in California that I found out they have "cafes" for other animals too, like the hedgehog cafe, the bird cafe and the owl cafe where you can actually touch an owl! Argh! Something to add to my list for next time we're in Tokyo, I guess.


Here's the walkway above the street our hotel is on. 


Our hotel is just up to the left. A great location with a nice swimming pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment