Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Twins turn FOUR

While we were on Okaloosa Island near Pensacola, I took the kids' four year photos. I always do a colorful photoshoot for their birthday and this time I had planned the PERFECT shoot with the perfect clothes, on a perfectly beautiful beach......









So here's the whole story- When we left that morning, it was sunny and warm and beautiful. We picked up balloons and arrived at the beach only to find it chilly and windy. Daddy opens the door and the one and only pink balloon flies out and is quickly swept up into the sky. Journey spent the next ten minutes crying for her pink balloon. It was so chilly that Asher wore his jacket over the outfit that I had carefully picked out for him. It was so windy that Journey was afraid to hold the balloons that were being whipped wildly around. I was super lucky to capture just a few shots while I could. As soon as we were finished I popped half of the balloons, saving the rest for their party the next day. About 30 seconds after I popped the last one, daddy opens the door again and every last balloon flew out the window and into the sky. Cue crying and whimpers of, "I miss my balloons" all the way home. Oh well.


We already had a Frozen birthday party in Ohio a few weeks earlier, but finally it was the actual
day of their birthday. This time Asher requested a rainbow cake and he even helped me make it.


We celebrated with Aunt Elena, Grandma Linda and Cousin Alecs by going out to dinner and then....falling asleep on the way home. HA! So the next day they opened their presents and we had TWO CAKES to enjoy as it was my birthday too. My favorite cake is a lemon Nothing 'Bundt Cake, but that place is in Vegas, so Elena made for me the best version that I have ever tasted!







I think their favorite gifts were a LEGO RV and electronic birds that chirp, sing and repeat a phrase.



For their birthday they requested to return to the Tallahassee Museum to do the ropes course again, so that's exactly what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment