Sunday, August 21, 2016

Mt Gordon Lyon



When we climbed Rendezvous Peak earlier in the summer, we vowed to return to climb the other peak next to it, Mt Gordon Lyon. By mid July, pretty much all of the snow had melted, much to Asher's disappointment, but the views were still amazing.


It was neat to see this guy using a bobcat to create a new trail. 
I'm not sure what I expected them to use, but it wasn't this.

Monkshood along the trail. This poisonous flower happened to be mentioned in a book that I read recently, "The Storyteller".


Love the view from the saddle.


Asher decided to build a cairn here.




We headed higher up towards the peak.




They really enjoyed this hike!


The kids enjoyed a snack here with Daddy while I ran up to the summit.

The view from the top.









After the hike we went to the Anchorage main library. Let me just say, we LOVE the Anchorage Library! We joined their International folk dance classes featuring Irish and Israeli nights. Asher and I really loved the swoop and dive (waves of Tori) Irish dancing while Journey preferred Israeli dancing, which is generally easier to follow. I loved that both groups were not only tolerant of my five year olds joining in, but the instructors and other participants took time to help my children learn the steps. The Irish band even let Journey play the drums with them for a bit. What a great community! There's a nice playground just outside the library that the kids enjoyed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment