Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Petoskey State Park, Michigan

We spent 3 days at Petoskey State Park Beach. A lovely place to relax and enjoy the views and incredible sunsets.



We introduced the kids to putt putt golf at Pirate's Cove, a very elaborate course.



Journey was VERY disappointed that she wasn't allowed to climb on the boat and other structures. 
Asher took it more seriously and somehow managed to hit a hole in one! Wow!



We spent lots and lots of time at the beach. The kids played in the sand while I looked for rocks. 




Here are the rocks that I found. I just love seeing the variations and contrast. 



They decided to race on this walkway...it lasted for about half an hour!






I taught Asher how to throw the frisbee and man, a few throws later he's better than I am at it! He can throw it right to me most of the time! Best Part- The first time I caught his throw, I dropped the disc, ran to him and swooped him up in a giant hug. After that he ran to me each time I caught his throw for another big hug! I love my sweet little boy so much!



After showers Asher went back with me to watch the sunset once again. 





Our friends Grace and Richard (neighbors at Traverse City) came to visit before we headed up North. Grace gave me these (and more) Petoskey Stones. Named for the town where we are staying, they look pretty plain when dry but exhibit a star pattern when wet. I really am intrigued by them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment