Thursday, December 17, 2015

Petting Possums and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

On our drive from Coos Bay to Brookings, Oregon, we made a quick stop at another cheese factory, FaceRock Creamery in Bandon.


They have fantastic special cheeses like coconut cheese and a super spicy cheese. Of course we bought curds and ice cream. If you go, order a kid size, trust me.


While we were sitting there, I was looking on Google Maps for a driftwood shop that I'd heard of. I couldn't find it, but I did come across the West Coast Game Park Safari. I always check reviews, and the first reviewer had me hooked when I read they pet a tiger cub! A tiger cub?! We drove straight there.




As soon as you walk in, you notice all of the free roaming animals- deer, goats, burros, and alpacas.



 They sell animal feed to give them, but they can get a little crazy vying for food.





But the best part, was numerous up close experiences with the animals. In Nursery Land, we pet a skunk, a fox, and held an opossum!












Next we went inside a gated area to pet baby animals including black bear, lynx, serval, and a tiger!






I guess we only took video of the bear and serval. Oh well, guess we have to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment