Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fireflies and Jammies

There's just something so magical about fireflies. They are such unique creatures, and having grown up in Vegas, my kids didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago. After having dinner with family, I put pjs on the kids and we all sat outside talking until the first flashes of lights were seen. I grabbed a jar that used to hold my friend's homemade peach preserves (Thanks, Anina) and told the kids to grab their nets (also gifts, from our friends Robyn and Richmond). They had a ball running thru the yard in search of the bugs. They would squeal with delight when they saw one and laugh when they caught one, then proudly hold out their net for me to collect it and add to our jar. When it became harder to keep them in than add a new one to our jar, we called it quits. We took them inside to a darkened bathroom. I set them in a warm water-filled sink and I watched as the bugs' lights lit up the kids' faces. We said our goodbyes and returned them to the night before heading upstairs to bed.

Sometimes it's the simple things that make the best memories.

Asher, Tori and Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment