Monday, May 12, 2014

Lemurs, Kangaroos and Monkeys

We visited Roos 'n More zoo in Moapa. This is one of our favorite places, and I highly recommend it. It's a private zoo that gives private tours allowing you to hold, pet and feed many of their animals.

Asher is very interested in snakes, so I was not surprised that he held one and let it wrap around his head! Journey was not so bold, but she pet one when I held it for her.


We saw a 3 day old lemur briefly before his mom pulled him back into her nest. Then found out what the fox says...he says, "eeeap, eeeap" when you rub his backside, as we all witnessed.


One thing you probably don't know about me, I loooooove zebras. Petting and feeding this one is always so exciting for me.


This 2-hump camel is so friendly, and look how little Asher was last time we were there....



We took a walk thru the kangaroo enclosure to see not only the kangaroos, but wallabies and cavies. 




At the end of the tour, our guide brought out some babies for us 
to meet: a monkey, porcupine and kangaroo. I was in heaven!





a curious little monkey




No comments:

Post a Comment