Friday, September 23, 2022

Cathedral Gorge State Park {NV}


I'm always amazed to find cool new places in an area I think I know pretty well. Along our drive from Vegas to Great Basin, I was surprised to come across four different state parks. Thanks to friends visiting this area awhile back, Cathedral Gorge State Park rang a bell as we were passing thru the area. We were due for a break to stretch our legs, and the Moon Caves trail seemed like a good option.


Even the views from the parking lot were cool!





The slot canyon is SO NARROW! In some places it's barely wide enough for the width of your foot!



Looking straight up. This section of sky reminds me of Africa.



The walls are composed of soft bentonite clay. You can see where water has been eroding sections.






I followed the kids thru this tiny tube! Luckily it was only about 4ft long, but it was tight! I have a new level of compassion for those with clausterphobia. The canyon continued for a long way beyond this.



Who knew such a fantastic place was just a 2.5hr drive from Las Vegas? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment