Sunday, April 30, 2017

Tallahassee


We spent a few weeks in Tallahassee with family. While there, we celebrated the kids turning 6 and me turning 40 with a puppy dog cake!



When in Tallahassee, we must do the ropes course at the Museum! 







This Florida panther recently had surgery for a spinal cord injury. We watched as they did her physical therapy session. A few weeks prior, she couldn't use her back legs at all, and now she was taking steps while they used this special harness to hold her back end up. Pretty amazing!


Walking the trails thru the museum is always a fun experience.



One day we explored the Garden of Eden trail, a 3.75 mile hike thru sand, trees, and ravines leading to the overlook of Alum Bluff's 135ft drop into the Apalachicola River in Bristol, Florida. This was the most elevation change I've ever seen in Florida.








We walked trails and looked for birds at Ochlockonee River Wildlife Management Area and Old Bainbridge County Park. On my birthday, I prayed that God would allow me to see an owl for my 40th birthday, and you know what? He DID! I have been looking for over a year for a Great Horned Owl, and just as I was leaving the trail, I heard him call. I turned around and tracked him by sound and then somehow found this brown lump of feathers in the tree. He turned and looked my direction and I was just stunned. I'll always remember the day God gave me an owl for my birthday!


My friend Nicole suggested we check out St Marks National Wildlife Refuge and I'm so glad we did. We saw lots of birds and so many alligators, we lost track. There were 32 baby alligators in just this five foot area!








 Later Tallahassee- Time to head south!

No comments:

Post a Comment