Saturday, December 31, 2016

Cuyahoga Valley National Park


We LOVE National Parks and when I realized there was one only a few hours from where I grew up, I was kind of embarrassed that I hadn't been. When I started researching it, I found that it received that designation in 2000, so not too long before I moved away. Okay, then I didn't feel SO bad. There are no RV campgrounds there, so that was another reason it's taken so long to visit, because we did try two years ago.

So finally we made it to the park and because it is quite large and spread out, 
we just picked one area to explore, the Ledges. It was a fantastic selection!




The trail takes you thru all these amazing rock formations, caves and slots. 








The kids loved this section which dropped them about 8ft under us. They climbed thru it over and over again.






Look for Asher's red jacket below to appreciate the scale of this place!






This area is known as the Ledges Overlook and is a popular location to watch the sunset.

We were pleasantly surprised by this park, just wish we came a week earlier to see the leaves still on the trees. Next time we'll probably stay at a motel in the area so that we can explore more of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment